Overcoming a Google Penalty
Client: Aggregator of storage facilities/units
The client had been struggling with loss in organic traffic for over nine months, and Google rankings were among the poorest to date.
Lever Interactive analyzed their external links and determined they were part of a link building scheme that produced a Google penalty against their site. These bad links would need to be removed and disavowed and replaced with good ones in order to repair their reputation.
- Worked to remove their site from the scheme
- Wrote fresh content with keyword focus for the targeted pages and blog
- Provided ongoing recommendations and worked to implement them including technical and content components
- Over time the number of good links began to outweigh bad links. This is a result of both new links Lever secured as well as Google now recognizing old good links it overlooked due to bad links
- With new rankings, visits and revenue increased:
- By week 13, increase in visits by 59%
- By week 20, increase in visits by 114%
- Overall, revenue increased by 160%
- Within three months, the Google penalty was lifted and rankings appeared and increased significantly
- Increase from 6 rankings to 34 in Google
- Increased ranking position in Yahoo and Bing
Want to discuss what we can do for you? Send us some brief info and we'll get back to you promptly.
* These fields are required.