Business Development Manager
Lever Interactive – We are marketing change agents – helping our clients, teammates and partners find the change they are seeking. We are a growth-oriented organization that provides high-quality digital marketing services for some amazing clients (national brands, performance-driven). We are located in Lisle (expanding to Chicago in 2018).
We have been in business since 2006 and, thanks to our amazing team, we have been profitable (and growing) every year (well, except for 2011, but that was a tough year… still profitable, but not our best year… we don’t even like to talk about that year here. In fact, it’s removed from all calendars here. Interview tip: don’t bring up 2011 here. Just kidding… ask us about it… great story with a happy ending!).
We need your help. We are currently seeking our next change agent – a Business Development Manager (BDM). Ok…we know that is a fancier way of saying “salesperson” but we also believe in developing business – both our own and our clients’.
Ok… enough “we, we, we…” This is about you….
At Lever, we (dang!) provide our team (could be you) with competitive compensation, amazing benefits and flexible work arrangements.
This role is right for you if…
- You are confident (yet humble), personable, positive and growth-oriented.
- You enjoy building new professional relationships and serving as a conduit for prospective new clients and our account services team
- You are willing to put the work in. We are in a competitive field and it takes real effort to nurture relationships and bring in new business.
- You enjoy working with smart people who love to take on new challenges and help BDMs close deals.
- You can celebrate wins, learn from losses and keep seeking ways for improvement.
- You know and can speak to the power of digital marketing
- You like the boutique agency feel and are comfortable with the “get it done” approach.
Ok… now the warm security blanket of a standard job description…
Success for this role will be measured in terms of your ability to generate leads, to convert those leads to clients, to generate revenue, and to achieve sales goals. The position may require some travel. This is an excellent opportunity for salesperson to make a significant contribution to a fast-growing company. The successful candidate will work to expand our sales and marketing efforts. This is a new position, and responsibilities include growing Lever Interactive’s client base, managing prospects, coordinating marketing outreach programs and representing Lever Interactive at industry events, seminars, etc. Additional responsibilities include:
- Identify prospective clients, generate leads though telephone, email, and in-person contact, and convert leads to sales
- Increase revenues by developing, communicating and driving effective selling strategies based on valid, customer-specific value propositions
- Communicating Lever Interactive services and demonstrate our value to prospective clients
- Follow-up on leads from inbound sources
- Cultivate referral sources
- Create written proposals for prospective clients
- Work collaboratively with Account Services Groups to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and revenue growth with existing customers
- Manage contracts and agreements to ensure that expectations are being established, communicated, and met
- Source and respond to RFPs
- Develop, negotiate, and close new business opportunities with online retailers
- Meet and exceed individual annual quotas for contracts/revenue
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of national, enterprise-level B2B sales experience
- Internet sales or marketing background, especially SEM/SEO preferred
- Desire to keep abreast of changes in the fast-evolving world of online marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sales force automation (Salesforce.com) experience preferred
- Ability to easily toggle between working independently and with others
- 4-year college degree or equivalent
- Experience in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Applicants, Please Note:
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Retirement
- Please no phone calls or recruiters.
To apply, please feel free to email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.