Chris Gilmartin, President
A seasoned online marketing professional, Chris Gilmartin began Lever Interactive in 2006, leveraging over 14 years of experience and expertise in performance-based marketing for clients including FTD, Experian, PetSafe and Kendall College. Leading a team of direct and online marketing specialists, Chris provides results-driven, advanced search/online marketing strategies for online marketers across various industry segments – including retail, financial services and education.
Prior to starting Lever Interactive, Chris was Director of Strategic Accounts at Resolution Media (Omnicom). In this role, he managed a staff of search marketing professionals and served as strategy director for Resolution Media’s premier Fortune 500 clients, including Bank of America, Lowes and Discovery Channel. Chris also helped to launch Resolution Media’s SEO service offering.
Before Resolution Media, Chris worked as eMarketing manager for Orbitz, a leading online travel agency. At Orbitz, Chris directly managed multi-million dollar paid search campaigns, feed-based paid inclusion programs, shopping comparison engines and traditional online media banner placements. Chris also developed extensive search engine optimization (SEO) strategies for Orbitz.
Before Orbitz, Chris served as the Director of Marketing for Doubleclick’s database marketing division where he was responsible for planning and executing all marketing and acquisition initiatives.
Chris is a graduate of Western Illinois University, with a Bachelor of Science in Communications.
When not spending time with his wife and two daughters, Chris is working on becoming a better runner and soccer player. Additionally, Chris spends his free time on various media arts, including songwriting and recording, photography and video production. Chris also spends his time reading (mostly non-fiction) and loves a good documentary. A self-confessed technology geek, Chris cannot resist the latest gadget. Chris volunteers for Rainbows – an organization to help children who have lost a parent or are going through divorce. Chris also supports a number of charities including the Lupus Foundation of America, DonorsChoose.org, Save the Music, Doctors without Borders, and National Public Radio.
- Chris had tickets to the Obama Inauguration (Blue Section, no less) and got the stomach flu. He was in the car, on the way to the airport, when his wife had to pull over. Silver lining: He didn’t get on the plane. That would have been a disaster of immeasurable proportions.
- Chris met Tom Cruise and got David Hasselhoff drunk in the same day. A week later, Hasselhoff checked into rehab. Absolutely true story…
- Chris was involved, with what has to be, the only recorded hay ride accident. The wagon crashed into a wall and Chris was thrown off, and under a kicking horse. He emerged uninjured.
- For a 6-month period, when he was 6 years old, Chris’s bedroom was the upstairs hallway. He had a single bed and orange crate (nightstand) with a lamp on it.
- Chris’s disdain for Styrofoam is less about the environmental impact and more because he hates the sound Styrofoam makes. From packing peanuts to the blocks they wrap electronics. Christmas was always bittersweet.
- Chris was once slapped in the face by my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Fridley. She definitely felt worse about it than he did, and Chris claims he likely deserved it. She is still one of his all time favorite teachers.
Recent Blog Entries by Chris
- Behind the Scenes at Lever: Meet Danyl Herron – January 31, 2012
- Case Study: Building Organic Rankings from Scratch – January 25, 2012
- Case Study: Building Strong Non-Brand PPC Campaigns – January 13, 2012
- Lever Interactive Expands Team and Announces Promotions – July 19, 2011